The team at Custom Septic, Inc. wants to help customers avoid costly septic system repairs. We are committed to helping our customers avoid major repairs and rebuilds by providing tips on proper septic system maintenance. One important aspect of good septic system maintenance is being able to recognize the signs of a septic system that is vulnerable to failure.
Below are the most common issues we find with septic systems that are in danger of failing:
● Unpleasant odors. Of course, unpleasant odors occur in many aspects of life and not all of them are related to septic system failure; but the odors associated with septic systems are unmistakable and should be addressed immediately. When a problem arises, it is common to smell sewage around the septic tank or your drainfield, but those odors can also back up into your home. We recommend that you contact us as soon as you smell sewage, whether that occurs inside or outside of your home.
● Bubbling or gurgling sounds. If you hear rumbling or gurgling noises in your plumbing system, it could be a symptom of a larger problem. You should stop using water if you can and call us ASAP.
● Slow drainage. If you are finding that your bathtub, shower stall, or sinks are draining more slowly than usual, you could have an issue with your septic system that needs attention. It may be an early sign of a problem but remember that drain clogs when you have a septic system cannot be treated with most commercial drain cleaners.
● Water backup: If slow drainage of tubs, shower stalls, and sinks transforms into water and sewage backing up into your home, your problem has become more severe.
● Standing water on your property. If you find standing water, or spots where the ground is inexplicably damp, it could mean a leak from your septic tank or drainfield.
● Lush spots on your lawn: If you discover spots on your lawn that are noticeably more lush and green than other areas, that likely means a disruption of some kind in your septic system.
Septic System Repair, Minnesota
Please call us at 763-218-4769 if you are concerned about a septic problem or have noticed any signs of a septic system failure. We will come out and check out your system quickly before the problem gets any worse. In addition, we are happy to schedule a routine maintenance check for your septic system so that you can have peace of mind knowing that your system is in good working order.