One of the most unpleasant experiences for any homeowner is a problem with their septic system. When something goes wrong with the system that is designed to move waste water and waste material away from the home, you are left dealing with an extremely unpleasant odor — at the very least. If the problem is severe enough, you could also have to deal with an expensive clean-up and replacement of component parts or the entire system. Or at the very least, cleaning up inside your home once it backs up.
Fortunately, though, many of the worst problems associated with septic system failure can be avoided with good septic system maintenance, and Custom Septic is here to help you accomplish just that. Even before you begin noticing signs of septic system problems, there are measures you can take to minimize the problems when they do occur.
Signs of Imminent Septic System Failure:
● Foul odors from pipes: Gases that back up from septic system pipes can be an early sign of a developing problem.
● Standing water or soggy soil on your property: This indicates a leak somewhere in your system or a problem with your drainfield. If your drainage field is too small, overflow can result. Our name is Custom Septic because we understand the importance of designing your septic system to meet the needs of your specific property.
● Failed water tests (which can result in intestinal illnesses): If you do not pass a water inspection, it could be due to a problem with your septic system. When contaminants get into your water supply, illness can result.
● Sinks, toilets, and bathtubs are slow to drain: Such problems are common in all homes, but in homes with septic systems the solutions are a bit more complicated. It is not as simple as pouring a bottle of drain cleaner into the affected drains. The chemicals in such cleaners can cause greater problems than they solve. When you have a slow draining problem, the issue could be deeper in the septic system.
● Raw sewage backing up into your home: This is probably the most obvious and unpleasant of the signs of septic system failure and is likely to cause you to contact us quickly. That is what we recommend. We respond to septic system emergencies day or night.
Experienced Septic System Repair Technicians
Before your system fails, let us help you with good maintenance practices. Call (763) 218-4769 to learn more about our septic system maintenance plans or if you are concerned about your home’s septic system.