Dirt is an Important Aspect of Septic System Designs
Determining the Best Septic System Design for your individual Dayton, MN property is left to Licensed Septic Professionals like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). Dirt or Soil conditions are a very important aspect of Septic System Designs. As an expert in On-site Sewage Treatment, CSI may conduct tests such as Soil Boring and Soil Sampling to evaluate the potential for effective wastewater treatment. An individual subsurface sewage treatment system (ISTS) is responsible for protecting public health, groundwater, surface water, safety and welfare of the community.
MN Soil-Based Septic Systems
Underground Septic Tanks are the first component of a Soil-based Septic System. A watertight septic tank is buried in an appropriate location on the property. Sewage and wastewater are piped into the tank from your home before allowed to travel out to the soil treatment areas. A variety of soil based treatment systems are in use around the state of Minnesota.
- Mound System
- Gravity Trench System
- Pressurized Bed System
- At-Grade Drainfield System
Soil Boring and Soil Sampling Test
A widely utilized method for testing a site’s suitability for wastewater treatment is Soil Boring and Sampling. As a Licensed Septic Professional, Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) provides soil testing services. Soil Boring in the area where a septic drainfield will be installed is a good way to obtain samples of soil conditions to a depth of approximately 60 inches.
Soil Descriptions Obtained by Soil Boring
The Soil Samples are analyzed to determine sewage loading rates. This will give us a good indication of the Best Type of Septic System for your Dayton, MN property. The soil evaluation provides valuable information on various aspects of the ground beneath. Data collected may include the following areas:
- Horizons or Layers within the soil (topsoil, subsoil, substratum & transitional horizons)
- Depth of each Horizon layer
- Dominant Color of soil indicates elements such as iron, organic matter and internal soil drainage
- Redox Features that show seasonal high water tables
- Coatings of Organic Matter or Clay
- Structure of the Soil that shows chemical composition and pore space
- Texture of Soil such as Sand, Clay or Silt
- Consistency of the Soil
- Drainage Class before modification by drain tile
- Slope of the Soil as you look downhill
- Loading Rate is determined by examining the soil’s structure, texture and consistency. The sewage loading rate is assessed by gallons per square foot each day
- Percolation Rate
Licensed MN Septic System Professionals
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) provides Soil Boring and Sampling as part of our Septic System Services. We are Licensed Septic Professionals with more than 19 years of service in the Dayton, MN area. Soil Sampling is just one of the aspects of determining the Best Septic System Design for your individual property. Contact CSI for expert Septic System Designs, Installations, Repairs and Compliance Inspections.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured.
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI)
Serving the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota.