Owning a home means routine maintenance and period repairs. However, nothing can quite prepare you for a major septic system problem. That is a different level of home maintenance. Your septic system is responsible for treating the waste materials from your home’s bathrooms, kitchen, washing machine and other plumbing fixtures. Your septic system will collect wastewater and allow it to separate into three different materials – scum, effluent, and sludge. Once the water is treated, it is filtered back into the surrounding environment.
Anytime you are dealing with waste materials, it is critically important that it is installed correctly and works properly. If your home has a septic system, there are things that you can do daily to extend the life of your septic system and prevent costly problems:
● Complete routine septic system maintenance including having your tank inspected every 1-3 years and pumped every 2-5 years
● Avoid using too much water at any one time. You may want to spread out how often you do your laundry for example. Instead of doing multiple loads in one day, it is better for your septic system to spread this out over the week.
● Never flush anything down your toilets except human waste and toilet paper
● Do not use a garbage disposal
● Do not pour chemicals or grease down your kitchen drain
● Protect your septic system from freezing temperatures
● Contact a septic system repair company if you notice anything concerning, especially a foul smell near the septic system
Importance Of Routine Maintenance For Your Septic System
Following these simple steps can help you avoid a major septic system problem which can be messy and expensive. The team at Custom Septic Inc. specializes in septic system maintenance and repair and can schedule routine periodic maintenance so that you can be confident that your system is working the way that it should. In addition to preventing a major problem, these steps will also extend the life of your system, which will also save you money.
Local Septic System Maintenance And Repair In Big Lake, MN
Custom Septic Inc. is a family-owned business that has been serving our clients for more than twenty years. Our entire focus is on septic systems, and we take our job very seriously. We offer high quality services, quick responses, excellent customer service and affordable pricing to each and every one of our valued customers. If you live in Minnesota and have a septic system, give us a call at 763-218-4769 for more information about our septic system services.