Maintaining Your Backyard Septic System
As you have already read in Part 1 and Part 2 of this 3 Part Series on Septic System Beginners a properly functioning sewage treatment system is very important. By following Proper Septic System Maintenance procedures you can extend the life of your Ramsey, MN Septic System. Poor Maintenance is one of the leading reasons why septic systems malfunction. If your private septic system fails it can result in Disease, Illness, Environmental Contamination and Thousands of Dollars spent to replace a failed system. Follow these tips from Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) to Prevent Septic System Failure.
Regular Septic System Maintenance
Regular Septic System Maintenance can keep your system operating at its optimal best. A private sewage treatment system that is Properly Designed, Correctly Installed, Annually Inspected and Regularly Maintained can work great for decades. Failure to maintain the septic system on your Ramsey, MN property can result in an expensive malfunction or illness for you or a family member.
Septic System Care and Maintenance
Maintaining a Healthy Septic System is relatively easy and inexpensive. You should follow some simple Septic System Care and Maintenance rules:
- Have the Septic Tank and other components periodically Inspected by a Licensed Septic Contractor.
- Have the Septic Tank Pumped Out every 3 years on average, depending on the type of system and usage.
- Avoid using a Garbage Disposal as it will contribute food waste that can slow down the natural treatment process.
- Spread out loads of Laudry over the week rather than washing loads back to back in one day.
- Plant and maintain Grass Cover or Native Flower over top of the septic tank and drainfield. They should be Low Maintenance and Drought Tolerant so that you do not need to weed or water.
- Do Not Plant Trees or Shrubs with invasive root systems near the septic drainfield.
- Do Not Flush anything down the toilet other than human waste and septic safe toilet paper. (No tampons, dental floss, coffee grounds, paper towels, condoms, facial tissue, kitty litter, cigarette butts, etc.)
- Do Not Dump chemicals or paint down the drain.
- Do Not use large amounts of Anti-Bacterial Soaps, Cleaners or Bleach that will kill needed bacteria in the septic tank and soil.
- Do Not Park or Drive over the septic tank or drainfield.
- Do Not Use Septic System Additives that may interfere with the natural biological treatment process inside of the tank.
Licensed Septic Contractor
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for septic system Inspections and Compliance Inspections. We are a Licensed Septic Contractor with many years of experience in the Ramsey, MN area and surrounding communities including Dayton and Anoka, MN. Make CSI part of your Regular Septic System Maintenance to Prevent Septic System Failure.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769
Serving the Twin Cities Metro Area and Northern Minnesota since 1996!