SepticSmart Week with Custom Septic Inc (CSI) Sept 21st – 25th, 2015
Owning a Septic System is a big responsibility that should not be ignored. Many Minnesota properties have Miniature Sewer Treatment Plants located right in the back yard. Being Septic Smart includes a basic understanding of the sewage treatment process, regular care and maintenance and knowing when to call in a Licensed MN Septic Contractor to Repair or Replace a malfunctioning septic system. In honor of 2015 SepticSmart Week, this post from Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) will be passing on information on Septic System Failure Signs.
Look for the next CSI Blog titled SepticSmart Week Part Three for information on and Proper Septic System Care and Maintenance. Don’t forget to read our previous post, SepticSmart Week Part One on Septic System Basics.
Signs of Septic System Malfunction
Pay close attention to any of the following Signs of a Septic System Malfunction that could cause a big, stinky mess, make people sick and cost thousands of dollars for Repair or Replacement. At the first sign of trouble, call in the experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) and we may be able to Save You Lots of Money!!
- Sewage or waste water that backs up into drains in your home.
- Pools of water or muddy conditions in the basement or around the septic system in your yard.
- Soggy, brightly colored green grass above the drainfield area, especially if its dry weather.
- Bad odors coming from the septic tank or underground drainfield.
Common Reasons for Sewage System Failure
Avoid these common mistakes or activities that can result in an Expensive Sewage System Failure.
- Frequent use of a garbage disposal results in more frequent pumping.
- Leaky toilets or faucets that send too much water into the septic tank.
- Chemicals such as paints or solvents that go down the drain.
- Using too many cleaning products that kill needed bacteria.
- Poor designing or installation of the septic system.
- Draining a hot tub or pool into the septic system.
Licensed MN Septic System Contractor
At the first sign of a Septic System Malfunction or Overload, call in the experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). We are very experienced with many different types of Onsite Sewer Treatment Systems being used in Minnesota. CSI is a Licensed MN Septic System Contractor that reminds you to protect your family and your home by taking care of your sewer. SepticSmart Week is a great time to check for Septic System Failure Signs before the problem Costs Thousands of Dollars to repair or replace.
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for professional Septic System Inspections, Installation, Design, and Repair at: 763-218-4769. We have two locations, in Big Lake MN and Menahga MN.