Global Day of the Toilet November 19, 2016
Mark your calendar! World Toilet Day 2016 is once again right around the corner. The 19th of November is designated as the day to take a closer look at Sustainable Sanitation for countries all around the globe. CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is a local Minnesota Septic Contractor that understands the health hazards of living without an Efficient Sewer System to safely dispose of human waste. We would like to extend an invitation to our fellow MN residents to learn something new about a Common Bathroom Fixture that so many take for granted. But, so many lives may depend on access to Good Sanitation.
Why Focus on Toilets?
You may be wondering why toilets are important enough to get their own Global Day of Recognition. You would be hard pressed to find a home in Minnesota that doesn’t have at least one toilet. Try to imagine living in a remote area of the world where Clean Water and a Clean Safe Toilet are a luxury. The lack of Good Sanitation increases the potential for transmitting Deadly Diseases dangerously high.
Focus on World Sanitation Facts
- Children Around The World.
- Poor Sanitation leads to Water Pollution that leads to Intestinal Disorders.
- In 2013 it is estimated that 1,000 Children Died each day because of poor sanitation.
- Diarrhea from contact with Sewage Tainted Water is blamed for these deaths that could be prevented.
- Educating Girls
- Lack of access to Clean Safe Toilets results in too many girls missing out on an education.
- In some communities a girl must go outside in an Unsafe Environment to relieve themselves.
- The risk of dangers associated with simply answering the call of nature is keeping girls from going to school.
- Defecating in the Open
- Approximately 1 Billion People around the world still practice Open Defecation.
- The estimate is about 15% of the world’s population is living Without Sanitation.
- Healthcare Investment
- Good Sanitation is a wise investment in Health Care.
- For every dollar spent on Clean Water and Sustainable Sanitation, the return in Reduced Healthcare Costs multiplied by at least 4x.
Minnesota Septic Contractor
World Toilet Day 2016 is recognized by CSI Custom Septic Inc. because of the Global Impact of a Sanitation Crisis. A properly functioning septic system provides Good Sanitation for thousands of Minnesotans every day. So we are giving a shout out to the World Toilet Organization for their dedication to Health, Safety, Human Dignity and working Toilets.