Prevent A Frozen Septic System
Minnesota is in the dead of winter and many north metro residents are planning a getaway to someplace warm. Chances are that you planned ahead to have someone look after pets and your Ham Lake, MN home. But did you remember to take care of your Septic System to prevent it from Freezing Up? A Certified Septic Inspection is a great way to see if your system can handle another winter blast. When arctic air settles in it is possible to end up with a very costly problem if the sewage treatment system has not been properly cared for. There are reasons why you can end up with a Frozen Septic System and measures you can take to help prevent it. Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) if you are in need of Expert help with Septic System Inspections, Septic System Repairs or Septic System Installations.
Reasons Septic Systems Freeze-Up
Having your Septic System Freeze-Up can be a very costly and messy problem that no homeowner wants to face. The following are reasons why a Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS) may end up freezing during a Minnesota winter. In Part 2 of the series we will explore ways to help Prevent a Frozen Septic System in the Ham Lake, East Bethel and Andover, MN area.
- High Efficiency Furnace that produces condensation that slowly drips down the drain where it can freeze in the pipe that leaves the house
- Toilets that run constantly and are drippy
- Infrequent usage of water while the family is away on Vacation
- Leaky Faucet that causes water to trickle into the pipes
- Missing Inspection Caps on Septic Tank that allows cold air to enter the septic tank
- Newly Installed Septic System that does not have adequate grass or vegetation over the septic tank or drainfield
- Little Snow Cover during extended period of Very Cold weather
- Old Septic System that is no longer draining properly
- Low Spot in the Septic Pipe due to compacted soil from traffic on top of the piping system
Minnesota Certified Septic System Inspections
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for Expert Help with onsite septic systems. We are Licensed Contractors with 19 years of experience with Minnesota Septic Systems. Our team is highly qualified to assist with septic problems and work to prevent Freeze-Ups within the septic system. Plan ahead if you are taking a vacation. We provide Certified Septic System Inspections, Septic System Repairs and Septic System Installations for Andover and Ham Lake, MN residents.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769