First Of All – Do Not Panic!
All On Site Septic Systems that utilize a Pump should have a timer with an alarm system. If your Septic Pump Tank Alarm is sounding it is warning that their could be a problem with the septic tank system. First of all – Do Not Panic. Push the silence button to quiet the alarm. Turn off the power to the pump so that it will not burn out. See if the Pump Alarm is getting power and if the Red Light is on to alert you of elevated levels inside of the septic tank. In the Anoka, MN area contact the Septic System Experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). We can evaluate the situation and determine the best way to fix the problem. A septic system malfunction could cause a sewage back up into your home.
Reasons Why A Septic Tank Alarm Sounds
There are several possible reasons why the Septic Pump Tank Alarm is going off. It could be something as simple as the power source being unplugged or a bigger problem such as malfunction of a major septic system component.
- Loss of power to the septic pump, alarm or breaker
- Wastewater overload in the system due to increased water being used in the home such as several loads of laundry, extra long showers, increased usage of dishwasher or a water leak
- Stuck float pump
- Plugged filter
- Malfunctioning septic tank pump, alarm, float or timer
- Ground water entering into the system due to flooding
- Frozen drainfield not allowing wastewater to exit the septic tank
What You Can Do If Septic Alarm Is Going Off
- Silence the Alarm by pushing the silence button
- Turn off the septic pump to prevent it from burning out
- Cut power at the fuse box
- Call Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for expert help
- Reduce water usage until the problem has been fixed
Minnesota Septic System Experts
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for help if your Septic Pump Tank Alarm is going off. We are Licensed Minnesota Septic System Experts with over 19 years of experience in the Anoka, MN area. Our highly trained technicians can provide you with a professional evaluation and solutions to fix problems with malfunctioning septic system components. Do Not Panic. Turn Off Power to the pump and Reduce Water Use until we give you the all clear. It could be something minor or the problem could lead to a Sewage Backup in your home.
Contact the MN Septic System Experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota since 1996.