SepticSmart Week 2014 Is The Week Of Sept 22 – 26
In our last Blog titled Happy SepticSmart Week! We touched on Septic System Basics and how a licensed septic system professional such as Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) can help you to save on costly septic system repairs or replacement. This Blog is continuing on as Part 2. We will go over Septic System Maintenance and Failure Signs. These are things that you, as a Sartell, MN homeowner can do to keep your sewage treatment system healthy and also warning signs that you should watch out for.
Proper Care For Your Septic System
A septic system can last for decades with the Proper Care and Maintenance. Here are some upkeep guidelines to follow to keep your septic system healthy.
- Inspect Often – your septic system should be inspected at least once every 3 years by a septic professional
- Pump Frequently – the septic tank should be pumped out every 2 to 3 years, depending on size and usage
- Pump Through Manhole Cover – your septic technician should pump the sewage out through the manhole cover – not the inspection pipe
- Keep Records on Septic Maintenance – make a note of all repairs, tank condition and levels of scum and sludge in the tank
- Only Flush Human Waste and Toilet Paper down into the system
- Limit Antibacterial Usage – be cautious of how much toilet cleaner used each week and avoid using excessive amounts of household cleansers that kill the needed bacteria
- Lint Trap Filters should be added to washing machine discharge hose
Septic System Failure Signs
Septic System Failure is the last thing a homeowner wants to deal with. Keep your eyes and nose on alert for warning signs that there may be a sewer malfunction.
- Wastewater or Sewage Backup into household drains
- A Bad Odor coming from the drainfield or septic tank area
- Pooling Water around the septic system or in your basement
- Bright Green Spongy Grass on top of the drain field during dry weather
- Drinking Water from a well that fails a safety test
- Slow Drainage in sinks and showers
- Toilet that Flushes Slowly
Don’t Flush Your Money Down The Toilet
SepticSmart Week serves as a good reminder for Sartell, MN homeowners to take proper care of your septic treatment system to avoid flushing your money down the toilet. Good maintenance does not have to be expensive. Remember to have your septic system inspected by a licensed septic professional like Brad Krotzer of Custom Septic, Inc. Have your septic tank pumped regularly and be aware of warning signs for system malfunction or failure.
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for Licensed Septic System Inspections, Installation, Design, Repair and Maintenance. Brad has over 17 years of experience in the septic business.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769