Septic System Care & Maintenance
Anoka County MN Septic Systems are a great asset and investment that needs proper care. Homeowners can do much of the Care & Maintenance on their own. A MN Licensed Septic Contractor like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) can assist with services like Septic Inspections and Septic System Repairs. 2016 SepticSmart Week has been chosen as a time to bring greater awareness and understanding of the importance of Upkeep of Existing Sewage Treatment Systems all across the country. Low Interest Financing is sometimes available through a number of different Loan Programs meant to keep sewer systems operating in a safe way.
5 Key Aspects of Sewage System Upkeep
Considering the importance of an efficiently working Sewage Treatment System and the potential cost to repair or replace an onsite system, property owners should take a close look at the main components of upkeep. Caring for your septic system isn’t very expensive or difficult if you keep the following things in mind:
- Regular Septic System Inspections – typically once every 1 to 3 years, depending on the system and whether it has electric pumps and switches. An inspection can alert you to potential system failures and let you know when its time to clean out the septic tank.
- Efficient Use of Water – replacing less efficient fixtures with high efficiency versions, fixing water leaks, washing full loads of laundry, etc. can really pay off by reducing the gallons of water that enter into a septic tank.
- Septic Tank Upkeep – avoid adding substances to the septic tank that may disrupt the biological treatment process inside of the tank. Septic tank additives are generally a waste of money and could potentially cause harm. Avoid using a garbage disposal that adds food scraps. Lint filters help to reduce the amount of fibers that build up in the tank.
- Drainfield Maintenance – never drive, park, build or plant anything that may cause harm to the soil treatment areas. Compacted soil, root intrusion or crushed pipes can all be detrimental to the decontamination process taking place in the soil.
- Put Trash in the Trash and Toilet Paper in the Toilet – flushing down anything other than toilet tissue and human waste can clog up the system or slow down the organic treatment process. The No-No List includes tampons, dental floss, flushable wipes, cat litter, cooking grease, medications and septic tank additives.
Low Interest Septic System Loans
Follow the link for the Low Interest Financing section of the Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) website for more information on possible Septic System Loans and Grants. The various programs are constantly changing but it doesn’t hurt to check it out to see if you qualify for Financial Assistance from county, state or federal programs.
MN Licensed Septic Contractor
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is a Minnesota Licensed Septic Contractor with more than 20 years of experience in the sewer business. Septic Smart Week provides lots of information to help new septic system owners and those who maybe forgot some of the important aspects of Septic System Upkeep. Proper Care & Maintenance is cost effective and smart. From the most basic sewage system to advanced alternative treatments, CSI is here when you need us. Schedule a Septic Inspection today!
In Anoka County MN, contact the team at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for Septic System Inspections, Financing and Repairs at: (763) 218-4769.