Important That Septic Tank Pumping Is Done Right
Having your Becker, MN septic tank pumped on a regular basis is very important for the health of your Sewage System. It is recommended that the septic tank be pumped every 2 to 3 years depending on usage. It is also important that the septic pumping technician do the job correctly. Your Septic System should be inspected yearly by a Licensed Septic Professional such as Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI). After the inspection, if pumping of the septic tank is needed, Brad will recommend a Becker area septic pumping company that will do a thorough job of pumping waste out the tank.
How To Empty Septic Tank
Your septic tank is used to collect and treat sewage. The heavier solids known as Sludge, will sink to the bottom of the tank. A floating layer of Scum is found at the top of the tank. This Scum layer is made up of Oils, Fats, and Proteins. The middle of the septic tank contains Effluent or Gray Water, which flows out of the tank into the drain field. A tank that becomes too filled with scum and sludge is in danger of becoming clogged and damaged.
Pumping out a septic tank is an important part of Septic System Maintenance. A tank that has not been properly maintained, including frequent pumping, will become clogged and may require Thousands of Dollars in Repairs. Sewage can back up into your home or flow into your yard. Some pumping companies will pump the septic tank through an inspection pipe. This is NOT the correct way to remove waste from your septic tank. A good, experienced septic technician will remove the manhole cover to pump contents out of the tank.
Guidelines For Frequency Of Septic Tank Pumping
Timing for how frequently a septic tank requires pumping out is dependent on several different factors. An Annual Inspection is the best way to know if your septic tank requires professional cleaning. There are however, basic guidelines to determine approximate timing for tank cleanings.
- Frequent use of a Garbage Disposal or Dishwasher with food grinder – may require more pumping More often.
- Having a Water Softener connected directly into the septic system – may require More frequent cleaning.
- Using a Front Loading or Water Conserving Washing Machine – may lead to Less frequent emptying of septic tank.
- Installing Efficient Shower Head, Faucet and Toilet – may require Less frequent pumping.
- Limiting the use of Detergents, Bleach and Anti-Bacterial products – may help to Lessen time between pumping.
- Having a large number of House Guests – may mean More septic tank pumping.
- Using a higher volume of water due to a Home Daycare or Hair Salon – may require More frequent tank cleaning.
- Having a Small Tank Capacity compared to the Number of Bedrooms in your home – may lead to septic tank cleanings More often.
Professional Septic System Inspections
Regular Maintenance and Inspections are very important for the Health and Longevity of your Becker, MN septic system. Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for your yearly septic system inspection. Brad has over 17 years of experience in the septic business. He believes in hands-on service and has a great referral relationship with septic pumping technicians who do high quality work.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769