Prevent Septic System Problems
The Lifespan of a Septic Tank depends largely on the quality of maintenance that is provided. How you maintain the tank and drain field can have a big impact on how it functions and how long it keeps operating effectively. You can Prevent Septic System Problems by following the advice of a MN Licensed Septic Professional like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). An Annual Septic Inspection provides a great snapshot of any minor problems that need to be addressed before they become major. Your sewage treatment expert will also be able to let you know when its time to schedule a Septic Tank Cleaning.
Your Sewage Equals Your Responsibility
Always keep in mind that it is the homeowner’s responsibility to keep the Septic Tank and Drainfield working safely and effectively. Ask your Minnesota Licensed Septic Professional about current Sewage Treatment Regulations in your area. Certain factors can trigger a Septic Compliance Inspection to make sure that everything is functioning properly and up to current Septic Code Regulations.
17 Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Septic Tank System
The average East Bethel MN resident uses about 70 gallons of water per person, per day. That is a lot of generated wastewater that needs to be proper disposal. Here are 17 Tips for Prolonging the Lifespan of your Septic System:
- Consult with a licensed septic professional to get an annual septic inspection
- Schedule regular septic tank pumping and cleaning
- Install a low flow toilet and showerhead
- Never dump medications into the toilet or down the drain
- Limit the usage of antibacterial soaps and chemicals
- Avoid using automatic shower cleaner or every-flush toilet cleanser
- Never put cooking grease down the drain
- Avoid or limit the use of a garbage disposal
- Run only full loads of dishes and laundry
- Keep cold water in the refrigerator to prevent running of excess water
- Never use your toilet as a garbage (flush only sewage and toilet paper)
- Install a lint filter onto the discharge hose of the washing machine
- Consider replacing less efficient appliances with an energy efficient washing machine
- Spread out loads of laundry throughout the week
- Fix leaky faucets and bathroom fixtures
- Don’t bother with septic tank additives that may do more harm than good
- Direct gutter downspouts and sump pumps away from soil treatment area
Minnesota Licensed Septic Professional
As an experienced and Licensed Minnesota Septic Professional, Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) can provide quality services that may Prevent Septic Tank Problems and ultimately Extend the Lifespan of your Sewage Treatment System. Contact CSI to schedule an Annual Septic Inspection or Septic Repairs.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Minneapolis & St Paul Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
In East Bethel MN call Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) at 763-218-4769