Protect the Environment and Health of Your Family
In Part 1 of this two part article on Septic System Do’s and Don’ts we focused on things that you should be doing to help maintain a healthy septic system on your property. In Part 2 we will be focusing on a list of Don’ts to help protect the Environment, the Health of Your Family and Coon Rapids, MN Property Values. Local community members can all work together to maintain the natural treatment process of wastewater and human waste. Let’s protect our prescious Minnesota Water.
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is providing tips for MN property owners with an Individual Sewage Treatment System to properly maintain a healthy system. Doing so will help to protect your family, your investment along with the local eco system.
Natural Treatment of Wastewater and Sewage
Individual Septic Systems play an important role in the natural treatment of household wastewater and sewage. Each homeowner with an onsite septic system should understand what they should and shouldn’t do to avoid creating expensive problems that may shorten the lifespan of the septic components.
Septic System Maintenance Do’s & Don’ts Part Two
List of Septic System Don’ts:
- Don’t ignore your septic system and expect it to function properly
- Don’t have your septic tank pumped out through the PVC inspection pipe
- Don’t allow leaky faucets and toilets to overload the system with water
- Don’t wash loads of laundry back to back in one day
- Don’t pour cooking grease or fat down the drain
- Don’t use a garbage disposal – or at least limit the use
- Don’t run the dishwasher if it is not full
- Don’t drive, park or build on top of your drainfield
- Don’t plant trees, shrubs or invasive plants too close to the drainfield
- Don’t flush non-biodegradable items down the toilet – this includes diapers, wipes, tampons, condoms, dental floss and pharmaceuticals
- Don’t direct water from sump pumps, water softeners or downspouts onto the drain field or leach field
- Don’t use excessive amounts of bacteria killing household cleaners
- Don’t use septic tank additives or cleaners
- Don’t hesitate to contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for help with your septic system
Licensed MN Septic System Professional
As a Licensed Minnesota Septic Systems Professional since 1996, Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) provides expert services for Coon Rapids, MN area property owners. Our services strive to help keep individual sewage treatment systems healthy to Protect Human Health, the Environment and Property Values. We are Certified by the MPCA to provide Septic System Design, Installation, Compliance Inspections and Repairs.
Check out the previous article Part One for a list of Septic System Do’s!
In the Twin Cities Metro area call Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) at 763-218-4769 • fill out our Online Contact Form or email us at email@example.com