Watch for Symptoms of a Septic System Malfunction
A Septic System is used to safely treat household wastewater and sewage. A septic system that has been properly designed, installed and maintained can last Elk River, MN property owners for many years. One of the first Warning Signs of a Septic System Malfunction is the presence of a Bad Odor that is similar to rotten eggs. Soggy areas around the septic tank or drainfield is another symptom of a septic problem. Slow Drains and Sewage Backup in your home are also warning signs that you need a Certified Septic System Professional like Custom Septic, Inc. We can do an onsite inspection to evaluate whether you need the septic tank pumped out or if something more serious has gone wrong with your Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS).
Individual Sewage Treatment System
An Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS or SSTS) is an efficient way to safely treat wastewater before it is allowed to enter the groundwater. A failure in the process can lead to several problems including sewage backing up into your basement. To avoid such dire consequences it is important to properly maintain your septic system and have periodic Inspections by a Certified Septic System Professional to watch for warning signs of a malfunction.
Septic System Failure Signs
Septic Systems that are working properly should not cause you problems. There are symptoms to look for that suggest a Septic System Failure or malfunction has occurred or needs to be assessed by a trained professional.
- Slow Draining sinks, showers, laundry, tubs and toilets indicate that wastewater is not flowing properly through the system.
- Gurgling or Burping Sound when water is going down household drains.
- Bad Odors around the septic tank, sewage drain pipe or inside of your home that smell like rotten eggs.
- Soggy Areas in your yard around the septic tank or drainfield may suggest that your septic tank is full or that there is a broken pipe in the system.
- Green Algae growth in the area of your septic tank or drain lines may mean that pipes are clogged or damaged.
- Well Water that tests positive for bacteria could mean that untreated sewage is leaking into the ground water and getting into your well.
- Raw Sewage Backup in your home through a sewer pipe indicates that there is a blockage or damage or that your septic tank is full.
Certified Septic Professional
Owner, Brad Krotzer of Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is a Certified Septic System Professional who is licensed by the State of Minnesota. We provide Elk River, MN homeowners with quality, affordable septic system services that help to maintain the health of your Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS or SSTS). Contact us for Septic System Inspections, Septic Repairs, Septic System Designs and Installations. The last thing you want is to have a Septic System Malfunction that brings Bad Odors and Raw Sewage into your home!
In Elk River and Rogers, MN call Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) at 763-218-4769 • fill out our Online Contact Form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org