Maintain a Healthy Private Septic System Facility
The following Checklist is meant to help Ramsey MN residents to get a better understanding of ways to Maintain a Healthy Septic System. Keeping your septic tank system working properly can help to Prevent Illness, Protect the Environment and Save Money. Keeping a list of detailed septic system information is a good idea in case there is ever a problem or to pass on during a property transfer. Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is a small business with a big heart when it comes to helping others to live a better life. As a MPCA Certified Septic Professional company, we can provide you with valuable information and Affordable Septic Services aimed at maintaining a safe and Efficient Sewage System Operation.
Onsite Septic Operation & Maintenance Checklist
Do you know where your Sewage Treatment System is located on site? Does your septic system have electrical pumps or filters that require Maintenance? Who do you call to Repair a broken or failing part of your septic system operation? Is there a garbage disposal or water softener on the property? When was the last time the facility was Inspected? These are just some of the questions that Septic System Owners should be able to answer.
Include the following items on your Septic System Operation Checklist:
- Type of septic system that is located on the property (conventional gravity system, pressure distribution septic system, mound system, sand filter system, aerobic treatment system)
- Location of all septic system components (septic tanks, manhole cover, inspection pipes, soil absorption field, electrical pumps, effluent filters, sewer lines, circuit breaker for pumps and alarms)
- Name, address and contact information for septic system designer and installer (Custom Septic, Inc. or previous septic professional)
- Number of bedrooms, square footage and relevant business use on property (home daycare, hair salon, artist studio, etc.)
- Location of private well or other water source.
- Name, address and contact info for licensed septic inspector (Custom Septic, Inc.)
- Date and result of last septic compliance inspection.
- Copy of current septic system certificate of compliance.
- Name, address, phone, email and license# of septic repair company (Custom Septic, Inc.)
- Date and records of all septic system repairs.
- Name and contact information for septic tank pumping technician.
- Date of last septic tank cleaning.
- Maintenance records for cleaning or changing effluent filter and washing machine lint filter.
- Septic system alarm manufacturer information and alarm system floats, sensors and circuit breaker.
- Does your home use a garbage disposal, water softener or hot tub that drain into the septic tank?
MPCA Certified Septic Professional
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) provides several MPCA Certified and MN Licensed Septic Services. Enter our business name, address, phone number and email information into your Septic System Operation & Maintenance Checklist. Be sure to list CSI as a MPCA Certified Septic Professional providing affordable septic services in Ramsey MN and the surrounding Minnesota communities.