Replace Non-Compliant Sewage Treatment System
If you live in Stearns County, Minnesota and a failing Septic System on your property, you may be eligible for Grant Money to help pay to replace your Non-Compliant onsite Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS). Grants are currently available to Stearns County residents through the State of MN Clean Water and Legacy Fund. You must meet specific requirements to be eligible for a state grant.
This Septic System Low-Income Grant information is being brought to you as a curtesy from Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). We are dedicated to doing our best to look out for the best interest of our valued clients.
SSTS Grants Application Deadline is April, 30th, 2015 at 4:30 pm.
Minnesota Clean Water Fund
In an effort to Protect Public Health and the Environment, the State of Minnesota has set aside money to help bring Non-Compliant Septic Systems up to code. Through Grants from the MN Clean Water Fund, eligible Stearns County residents may receive funds to finance the Replacement or Repair of their Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS).
SSTS Grant Eligibility Requirements
In order to qualify for project funding you must meet strict SSTS Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- You must Own the property where the improvements will be made
- You must Reside on the property as well
- Eligible property must be Homesteaded as a single family or duplex home
- Combined adjusted household Income cannot exceed Low-Income requirements of the USDA Rural Development guidelines
- Your current septic system has been designated by Stearns County MN as an Imminent Threat or Fails to Protect the Groundwater
Grant Eligible Expenses
Septic System Replacement Grant money may be used for the following qualifying expenses to Replace or Repair a failing Sewage Treatment System:
- SSTS Grant funds may be used for the cost of Permits
- SSTS Grant funds may be used to finance Septic System Designs
- SSTS Grant funds may be used to finance Septic System Repairs
- SSTS Grant funds may be used to finance Septic System Installation
Non Compliance Inspections
All Grant Applicants must have their existing onsite sewage treatment system Inspected and identified as Non-Compliant. Septic System Compliance Inspections can be performed by a Qualified Septic System Inspector like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). Submit a copy of the Notice of Noncompliance with the application.
Minnesota Septic System Compliance Inspections
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for Septic System Compliance Inspections in Stearns County. We are Certified by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA). Our services include Septic System Repairs, Septic System Designs and Septic Installations. We always strive to do our best to ensure that our clients have a healthy Sewage Treatment System that will last for many years.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769