Certified By Minnesota Pollution Control Agency- MPCA
Since 2000 Hennepin County, MN has adopted an ordinance governing individual Subsurface Sewage Treatment Systems (SSTS). It follows the rules set in place by the State of Minnesota. This program was started to protect the water quality within the county including underground and surface waters. The majority of cities in Hennepin County delegate their Permit and Compliance Inspection program to the county. Other cities handle their own building and inspections procedures.
Compliance Inspections can be performed by Licensed Septic Professionals who are certified by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA). Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is a highly experienced septic contracting professional in the area. We Inspect, Design, Install and Repair individual septic systems in Hennpin County and throughout most of the state of Minnesota.
Key Points Hennepin County Septic Compliance
- Minnesota state law requires disclosure of information on Individual Sewage Treatment Systems
- Many mortgage lenders and realtors require a Compliance Inspection before transfer of property title
- Building Permits for new structures, Bedroom Additions and Designated Shorland areas require a Septic System Compliance Inspection
- Hennepin County inspects septic systems that are undergoing repairs and new systems
- Septic Systems that have received a complaint are also subject to a Compliance Inspection
- Existing Septic Systems must be inspected by Licensed Septic Professionals
- Upon completion of a Compliance Inspection property owners will receive either a Certificate of Compliance (COC) or a Notice of Noncompliance (NON)
- COC on an existing septic system remains valid for 3 years after completion of inspection
- COC on a new sewage treatment system remains valid for 5 years
- An SSTS that receives a NON has 3 years to upgrade the system to bring it into compliance. This is only for systems that are not considered an imminent threat to health
Cities In Jurisdiction For County Inspections
The majority of cities in Hennepin County, MN rely on the county for their Septic System Compliance Inspection program. Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is certified by the MPCA to conduct Compliance Inpections across the State of Minnesota. We have performed numerous septic system inspections in many of these areas. Some of the cities that have adopted Hennepin County policies include the following:
- Champlin, MN
- Corcoran, MN
- Rockford, MN
- Rogers, MN
Cities With Individual Sewer Inspection Procedures
The following cities are included in the list of cities with their own Septic System Compliance Inspection programs. For more information you may contact the building inspection department in your city. Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) has completed many SSTS inspections in each of the following cities:
- Dayton, MN
- Hanover, MN
Licensed Compliance Inspections
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for Licensed Compliance Inspections for Individual Septic Systems in Hennepin County, MN and across the state. We are very experienced and are Certified by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA). Inspections are important to ensure safe surface water and underground water. Failure to comply with sewage treatment system compliance inspections poses a significant threat to human health and the environment.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) serves the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota