Money Saving Tips For Long Lasting Septic System
Who doesn’t want to Save Money while keeping their family and the environment safe? Homes that have an Installed Septic Tank System can extend the life of the system by practicing Good Maintenance. Part 1 in this series went over some of the Hazards of Septic System Failure. This article will provide some useful tips from CSI Custom Septic, Inc. on what Ham Lake MN residents can do to Keep Septic Systems Healthy and Protect Water Quality for as long as possible.
13 Rules For Healthy Septic System
Practicing Good Septic System Maintenance isn’t overly complicated, costly or difficult. Here are some helpful hints on what you can do to Keep Your Septic Tank Healthy and Protect Water Quality on your property.
- Schedule a Yearly Inspection to monitor the health of the septic tank, drain field and system
- Have the Septic Tank professionally Cleaned Out when needed – usually about once every three years
- Conserve water by running only full loads in the Washing Machine and Dishwasher
- Don’t pour Grease, Fats or Oils down the drain
- Never put anything other than Human Waste and Toilet Tissue into the toilet. The don’t list includes; tampons, sanitary napkins, flushable wipes, wet wipes, facial tissues, cigarette butts, condoms, coffee grounds, kitty litter, diapers, dental floss, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, paints, egg shells, etc.
- Install a Lint Filter on your washing machine to reduce material particles from building up inside of the septic tank
- Limit the use of Bacteria Killing Products like household cleaners, antibacterial soaps and bleach
- Limit the use of Garbage Disposals
- Keep Traffic Off of all septic system components
- Keep Accurate Records of all septic inspections, maintenance and repairs
- Grow a native variety of low maintenance, drought resistant Grass cover over septic system components
- Direct water from Downspouts, Sump Pumps, Water Softeners, Hot Tubs etc. away from the septic tank and drainfield areas
- Never Enter the Septic Tank due to poisonous gas exposure
Licensed Septic Inspections & Repairs
You can trust the integrity, experience and skills of CSI Custom Septic, Inc. We are a Licensed MN Septic Business with more than 20 years of service in the Ham Lake MN community. For long lasting results, CSI provides exceptional services including Septic Inspections and Repairs.
In Ham Lake MN, call Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) at 763-218-4769 for Cost Effective Septic Services to Keep Septic Systems Healthy.