Avoid Costly Septic System Malfunctions
Choices that you make about how and when you do your laundry can affect the Health of your Septic System. Did you know that some laundry detergents are more Septic-Safe than others? Or that lint trap filters can help to prevent septic system problems? Custom Septic, Inc. has provided some useful laundry tips that Coon Rapids, MN homeowners can use to help keep their sewage treatment systems working properly and avoid having a costly septic system malfunction. Remember to have Annual Septic Inspections and regular pumping out of the septic tank.
Laundry Tips To Prevent Septic System Problems
The following is a list of suggestions to avoid clogging sewage pipes, drain fields and septic tanks.
- Install a lint trap filter for your washing machine – there are different styles available that can be installed on the discharge hose or wall mounted versions.
- Clean or replace the lint filter often, as directed by the manufacturer.
- Spread out loads of laundry to be done throughout the week – even dispersing loads throughout the day will be better than running loads back to back.
- Choose a liquid laundry detergent over a powdered formula.
- Never use more detergent than the manufacturer suggests.
- Using an all-natural laundry soap can reduce the amount of chemicals that enter into your septic tank and disrupt the biological treatment system.
- Wash full loads of laundry rather than several smaller loads.
- Use dryer sheets instead of liquid laundry softeners.
- Choose a laundry detergent that is biodegradable and low in phosphates and surfactants.
- Front loading washers generally use less water than a top loading machine.
- Limit the amount of bleach that you use to avoid killing off necessary bacteria that lives within the sewage treatment system.
Annual Septic Inspections
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) to schedule an Annual Septic Inspection. We will evaluate the overall health of the septic tank, septic pipes, filters and other septic system components and give you a recommendation for septic tank pumping services. Coon Rapids, MN homeowners can follow the above Septic Safe laundry recommendations to help avoid unnecessary septic system repairs or septic malfunctions.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) to schedule your next Annual Septic System Inspection at 763-218-4769. We are Licensed, Bonded and Insured.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) serves the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota.