Minnesota Septic System Compliance Inspections
Although often overlooked, a Residential Septic System is one of the most important features of a Corcoran, MN home. Every property that is not connected to a city sewer system must be serviced by an Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS). The type of septic system used for each property is determined by aspects such as Soil Type, Proximity to Water and Local Government Regulations. A Septic Compliance Inspection is used to determine if a septic system meets all requirements of MN state and local guidelines. Septic System Compliance Inspections are performed by a MN Licensed Septic Contractor like owner, Brad Krotzer of Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI).
When Are Septic Compliance Inspections Needed?
The City of Corcoran, MN follows Septic Inspection guidelines set in place by Hennepin County. While there is no requirement for a Compliance Inspection when property is transferred, the seller must properly disclose septic system information. There are instances when a Compliance Inspection is required.
- Newly Installed Septic Systems must pass a compliance inspection.
- Mortgage Lenders and Buyers often require a thorough inspection prior to closing on a property.
- Building Permits for New Homes are subject to compliance inspections.
- Building Permits for Room Additions or Increased Usage will need to pass a compliance inspection.
- Building Permits within Designated Shorland areas are subject to a compliance inspection.
What to Expect From Septic Inspector
As a Licensed Septic Inspection Contractor, Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) will be looking at numerous aspects of your septic system when performing a Septic Compliance Inspection. Provided that your sewage treatment system meets all state or local guidelines, you will be issued a Certificate of Compliance.
- Location of all septic components
- Condition of septic system components
- Condition of septic tank is watertight
- Drainfield is compliant with Minnesota code
- See that all requirements are met for an operating permit
- File a Certificate of Compliance with the city of Corcoran
- Provide you with information on compliance and location of septic system
Septic System Certificates Of Compliance (COC)
A Certificate of Compliance (COC) indicates that your Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS) is currently in compliance with state regulations. It does not guarantee the future performance of the septic system. Certificates of Compliance are valid for 3 years for an existing septic system and valid for 5 years for a new septic system.
Septic System Notice Of Noncompliance (NON)
A Notice of Noncompliance (NON) provides notice that your septic system does not meet requirements at the current time. There are 2 different designations for Non-compliance. Systems that are Not listed as an Imminent Health Threat have 3 years to Repair, Replace or Upgrade to a state code compliant system.
Licensed MN Septic Inspection Contractor
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for Septic System Compliance Inspections. We are Licensed MN Septic Inspection Contractors with more than 19 years of experience. Our services are knowledgeable and affordable. Schedule a septic inspection to make sure that the Individual Sewage Treatment System on your Corcoran, MN property is compliant with Minnesota regulations and worthy of a Certificate of Compliance. We provide septic system Repairs, Upgrades and Replacements for systems that are determined to be Noncompliant.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.