Sewage Contaminated Water
There are not too many things that can ruin your day like finding Contaminated Sewer Water Standing In Your Basement. A sewage backup can be very dirty, hazardous and expensive to fix. Septic contractors like CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provide Inspections, Repairs and Maintenance Tips to help Prevent Sewage Spills. If your Buffalo MN home has its own Onsite Septic System then it is your responsibility to make sure that a sewer backup never happens. Get to know some of the common causes of sewer backups and what to do if this happens in your home.
Maintenance To Prevent Septic System Backup
Whether you live in a large city, suburb or rural town, there is a risk of ending up with a Sewer Backup if you are not careful. Even homes connected to a municipal sanitary sewer system are responsible for maintaining the Main Sewer Line. Properties equipped with an Individual Septic Sewer System require some extra attention from the landowner in the way of Regular Maintenance and Professional Inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Tree Roots
- Blocked Sewer Line
- Damaged Septic Tank
- Deteriorated Sewer Pipes
- Harsh Chemicals
- Water Overload
- Garbage Disposals
- Clogged Soil in Drainfield
- Driving or Parking on Septic System
- Failing to Pump Out Septic Tank as needed
What to Do After Sewage Backed Up
Its important to take the proper steps when dealing with a sewage back up into your home. Contact with Sewage-Contaminated Water can lead to Disease, Mold, Property Damage and Electrical Malfunction. Careful cleanup should include the use of personal protective gear and disinfecting solution. Call your insurance company and consider the following Sewage Cleanup Ideas:
- Cut power to affected area
- Contact a licensed septic contractor to assess and repair damage
- Call a qualified hazardous material cleaning company, or prepare to do the work yourself
- Use personal protective gear including a mask, gloves and protective clothing & footwear when coming in contact with contaminated water
- Use shop-vac to remove spillage
- Flush out and disinfect plumbing fixtures
- Mop and clean floors with disinfecting solution
- Steam clean or remove contaminated carpets & drapes
- Clean ductwork if necessary
- Remove damaged wall boards
Licensed Septic Sewer Contractor
Remember to always use caution when dealing with Sewage Contaminated Water. CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is a MN Licensed Septic Contractor that provides Professional Inspections and Expert Septic Repairs to keep your sewer operating as well as possible. Check out our Septic Maintenance page for useful tips on how to Prevent Septic System Backups or Septic System Failure.
In Buffalo MN, contact CSI Custom Septic, Inc. for Septic Inspections and Septic System Repair by calling: (763) 218-4769.