Buying & Selling Home With On Site Sewage System
Buying a new home in Buffalo MN can be very exciting for a family that is new to the area. The last thing you want to have to worry about is your home’s Sewer System. The property seller is required to disclose How Sewage Waste Generated on the Property is Managed. This would include whether the property is connected to a Public Sewer Facility or has on On-site Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS). A SSTS Disclosure Form is different than a Compliance Inspection but both may be needed. CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provides Septic Compliance Inspections as needed to show if the septic system conforms to local, state and federal regulations.
Point of Sale Septic System Certificate
Properties located in Buffalo MN would abide by the zoning rules in Wright County MN. The county government center has Point of Sale Septic System Certificates available for people selling homes that have an Onsite Sewage Disposal System. Compliance questions must be answered before a Point of Sale Certificate can be approved.
You can expect the Point of Sale Form to ask for the following information:
- Property Information including:
- PID Number
- Property Address
- Property Seller’s Name
- Seller’s Address
- Home Buyer’s Name
- Buyer’s Address
- Whether or not a Septic Compliance Inspection has recently been done
- Attach a copy of the MN State Compliance Form if an inspection is current
- Exemption from having a Septic Compliance Inspection
- Septic System has been abandoned in a proper way
- Property is Vacant
- County Auditor statute says that a Certificate of Real Estate Value is not necessary in your case
- Contract For Deed will be completed by this transaction
- Property transfer is part of a Marriage Dissolution
- The home and other buildings on property with plumbing fixtures are connected to a Public Wastewater Treatment Facility
Septic System Disclosure Certificate
The state of Minnesota requires that property sellers provide information on the type of Sewer System being used on that piece of property. Sellers must put Septic System Disclosure Statement in writing before property can be transferred to the new buyer. The disclosure state should include as much information as possible on the Type, Location and Condition of the home’s Sewage Disposal System.
Licensed MN Septic Compliance Inspector
CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is a state Licensed Septic Compliance Inspector with many years of experience in the Wright County MN area. We are happy to provide homebuyers with the peace of mind of having a better understanding of their new On-Site Subsurface Sewage Treatment System (SSTS).
In Buffalo MN, contact CSI Custom Septic, Inc. to schedule a Septic System Compliance Inspection at: (763) 218-4769