Ask The Experts at Custom Septic Inc
A frosty Baxter, Minnesota landscape can be quite beautiful to see. However, a Frozen Sewage System is something that nobody wants to see. Luckily, it is rare to have this problem if your septic system has been properly Designed to fit your water usage, properly Installed by a MN Licensed Contractor and properly Maintained by a Certified Septic Professional. As with many aspects of owning a home, a little education and some common sense go a long way in Preventing Freeze-ups in Sewage Systems around the Brainerd/Baxter, MN area. Just Ask the Experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI).
Frozen Pipes | Frozen Mound System | Frozen Tank
Every property is unique and every Onsite Sewage Treatment System is specially designed to fit the needs of that individual property. There may be little cause for concern if your sewer system has been regularly maintenanced including Emptying the Septic Tank. A very cold Minnesota winter or a season with little snow cover could mean trouble with Frozen Pipes, Septic Tank, Mound or Drainfield.
7 Ways to Prevent Sewer System Freezing
- Repair any Leaky Faucets, Toilets or Showers that may drip additional water that freezes up in the pipes.
- Insulate the ground over the Septic Tank by adding Mulch, Straw, Hay or Leaves at a thickness of 8 to 12 inches deep.
- Run Water down the drains or flush toilets often when the temps dip extremely low.
- Consult with a Septic Contractor to see if you should have the Septic Tank Emptied if you will be gone for a long period of time.
- While gone on vacation try to have someone stop by and Run Warm Water down into the septic system to prevent ice from forming.
- Ask a Certified Septic Professional about replacing septic pipes with an insulated sewer pipe or adding foam as an insulation.
- Avoid compacting the Snow or Soil over septic system components such as the septic tank and soil treatment area.
MPCA Certified Septic Professional
Ask the Onsite Septic System Experts at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) if you need help with the system on your property. We are open for business all year round. As a MPCA Certified Septic Professional, Brad of Custom Septic, Inc. can provide Baxter, MN property owners with the peace of mind of knowing they are dealing with an experienced professional. We provide Septic System Inspections and Septic Repairs that deal with Sewage Treatment Freeze Ups during an arctic blast. Never be left with Frozen Sewer Pipes or Frozen Drainfield ever again.
In the Brainerd and Baxter MN area, contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate on Septic Services at 763-218-4769.