Maintaining a Healthy Septic System
Onsite Sewage Systems (OSS) are quite common around the Andover, MN area. Each individual system is designed to collect and treat household wastewater and disperse it safely into the soil. There are different types of Individual Sewage Treatment Systems or commonly referred to as Septic Systems, available today. A Certified Septic Professional like Brad Krotzer of Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is qualified to determine which septic design is most appropriate for your home. The key to a Healthy Septic System is Regular Maintenance by a Licensed Septic Professional. Routine Inspections of the septic system will help determine when the Septic Tank needs to be pumped.
Inspect at Least Every 3 Years
Regular Maintenance is essential for good operation of the On-site Sewage System. One of the most important aspects is having the Septic Tank Inspected at least every 3 years and pumped out as needed. Failure to keep up with septic tank pumping can result in solids flowing into the drainfield and damaging it.
Cost Effective to Maintain Septic System
A clogged soil treatment area of the septic drainfield can have irreversible damage that requires replacement. It is much more Cost Effective to keep up with Regular Septic System Maintenance including pumping out the septic tank. Septic tank Additives are not needed and may even cause damage to the organic treatment process within the tank system.
Protecting Your Septic System
There are several things that Andover, MN homeowners can do to help protect the septic system from malfunction. Septic System Repairs can get to be quite expensive especially when a Failed Septic System needs to be Replaced. Following the advise of Certified Septic Professionals at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) can Save You Thousands of Dollars.
Care and Maintenance of Onsite Sewage Systems
- Inspecting the septic tank and system at least every 3 years
- Septic Tank Pumping every 1 to 3 years as needed
- Flush only human waste and toilet paper
- Never Flush tampons, dental floss, baby wipes, facial tissue, condoms, cigarette butts, diapers or paper towels down the toilet
- Keep Grease, Fat, Food Waste and Hair from going down the drain
- Never Pour paint, stains or poisons down the drain
- Spread out Loads of Laundry throughout the week
- Avoid using Garbage Disposal
- Do Not use Septic Tank Additives
- Use only recommended amounts of Laundry Detergent, Cleaning Products or Drain Cleaners
- Plant draught resistant Ground Cover over septic tank and drain field
- Fix Leaky Faucets, Showers and Toilets
- Direct Downspouts away from septic components
Certified Septic Professional
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for Licensed Septic System Services including Inspections, Designs, Installations and Repair. We are MPCA Certified Septic Professionals with almost two decades in the sewage treatment industry. Check out our website for tips on Septic System Care and Regular Maintenance to keep your Andover, MN onsite sewage treatment system functioning properly and healthy for many years. Low Interest Septic System Financing may be available to help offset the costs of Septic Repairs and Replacement.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) serves the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota!