Raised Mound System For Onsite Sewage Treatment
There are several different Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS) used in Minnesota. One of the more common septic systems in the Becker, MN area is the Mound System. This type of sewage treatment system can be installed by a Licensed Septic Professional such as Brad Krotzer of Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI). Although Mound System installation is usually more expensive than a below ground treatment system, many times it is necessary for the protection of surrounding groundwater and ultimately your drinking water.
How A Mound Septic System Works
A Mound Septic System works pretty much the same as an in-ground wastewater treatment system, with the exception of the raised component. The mound system is necessary when the soil or property layout make it impossible to have 3 ft of separation from the water table. The name Mound System comes from the way it looks. It has a long, narrow, elevated section that houses the Soil, Sand, Septic Pipes and other sewage treatment components.
- Wastewater, including raw sewage, is pumped from the house, through a septic pipe, to a Septic Tank.
- Septic Tank is buried below ground. This is where the sewage and graywater are held. Bacteria from human waste, begins to break down the solids. A Scum Layer floats to the top. The Sludge Layer sinks to the bottom. The liquid Effluent flows out through a pipe. Note: it is Very Important to have your Septic Tank Pumped on a regular basis – usually every 1 to 3 years).
- A Septic Pipe carries the liquid wastewater on to a soil treatment area
- Soil Treatment Areas provide a natural, biologic treatment of the wastewater. This is usually happening in a Drainfield or a Mound. Harmful pathogens, such as viruses and bacteria, are organically destroyed.
- Mound Systems are built up to have the 3 feet good soil that is required for safe disposal and treatment of wastewater. It contains layers of Sand, Soil, Synthetic Fiber, and Fabric, as well as an Observation Pipe and perforated Sewage Pipes.
Professional Mound System Installation
Contact Brad Krotzer at Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) if you are in need of a Mound Septic System Installation. Brad is highly experienced with more than 17 years in the septic business. We are licensed by the State of Minnesota to provide the soil testing necessary to determine if a mound system is appropriate for your Becker, MN property. After the correct septic system design has been determined, Custom Septic, Inc. will install your new Individual Septic Treatment System and perform regular Inspections and Maintenance.
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is Licensed, Bonded and Insured. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) serves the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota