Do It Yourself – Happy Healthy Septic System
If your home uses an Independent Sewage Disposal System then you will want to make sure that it is properly maintained to Extend the Lifetime of Your Investment. One commonly used system in Andover MN is the Mound System. This kind of sewer can be particularly expensive to replace. Your Certified Septic Contractor at CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is providing Mound System Maintenance Tips to help keep your system happy, healthy and operating at its best.
Have Septic Mound Evaluated Regularly
A great way to evaluate what’s going on inside of your Raised Septic Mound is to have it evaluated on a regular basis. This can be done during a Septic System Inspection or when you have the septic tank pumped out about once every two years. Ask your Pumping Technician to give you an evaluation of the following septic components:
- Septic Tank
- Manhole Cover
- Manhole Riser
- Run Back From Drainfield
DIY Mound System Maintenance Tips
The good news is that a large part of Mound System Maintenance can be done by the homeowner. Taka a look at some Do It Yourself Septic System Upkeep Tips:
- Keep good records of septic tank pumping, inspections and repairs.
- Have your septic tank emptied out regularly.
- Ask your pumper to do a septic system evaluation while they are out at your property servicing the septic tank.
- Talk to your Certified Septic Contractor about installing a PVC inspection pipe to check the contents of the septic tank.
- Keep off of the septic mound as much as possible to avoid compacting the soil or damaging the operation of your independent sewer system.
- Limit use of a garbage disposal.
- Make sure that you have adequate insulation to keep your septic tank and drainage field from freezing up during the winter months.
- Limit use of chemicals that can kill off the natural bacteria inside of the septic tank and soil absorption area.
- Conserve water as a way to allow the bacteria to naturally break down solids within the septic system.
- Avoid using septic tank additives that may disrupt the organic sewage treatment process from performing the way it was designed.
- Use smart Mound System Landscaping Techniques to make the raised mound look more appealing and protect it from erosion.
- Be careful not to put garbage of anything harmful into the system. Its best to remember that only organic human waste and toilet paper belong in the toilet.
- Install some type of a filter on the washing machine outlet hose.
- Spread out loads of laundry throughout the week.
- Divert water from downspouts away from the elevated septic mound and drain field.
- If you feel comfortable, check the filter once a year and clean it when needed to avoid clogs and prolong the life of your septic system.
Certified Septic Contractor
As a Certified Septic Contractor, (CSI) Custom Septic Inc. provides high quality services aimed at Prolonging The Lifecycle of your Independent Sewage Disposal and Treatment System. Since a Mound System can be a large investment, we are dedicated to helping you Protect Your Investment & Family. Providing DIY Maintenance Tips is just one way that CSI is here for you!
In Andover MN, contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) @ (763) 218-4769 for Mound System Design, Inspections and Installs.