Never Overload Your Septic System
A Septic Tank System relies on Naturally Occurring Bacteria to effectively treat wastewater coming from your home. Overloading the system with too much water or Antibacterial Products can cause damage to an otherwise healthy system. Likewise an influx of lint fibers or fabric softener can clog the septic system. Anoka, MN homeowners with an individual sewage treatment system should pay attention to what goes down the drain. Licensed Septic System Experts at Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) want to pass on some suggestions that can help Keep Your Septic Tank and Drainfield Functioning Properly for many years.
Prevent Septic System Malfunction
When you wash a load of laundry the water and laundry soap are washed down the drain and into a septic tank. Fiber particles from the clothing, towels and other materials can build up inside of the tank and create problems. Too much bleach will kill off necessary bacteria and hamper the Organic Sewage Treatment Process.
Follow these tips to help Prevent Septic System Malfunction:
- Spread Out Loads of laundry throughout the week rather than washing loads back to back
- Attach a Lint Filter to the laundry tub drainage hose to collect fiber particles that would otherwise enter the septic tank
- Use Only the Recommended amount of laundry detergent
- Use Bleach Sparingly to avoid problems with the bacterial process
- Liquid Launder Soap is usually better for septic tank systems
- Power Detergents may have fillers that can clog the soil needed to effectively treat waste water in the drain field
- Choose a Septic Safe Laundry Detergent that has lower levels of surfactants and no phosphates
- Natural Soaps can be a better choice because they tend to have fewer chemicals that could harm the biological treatment process
- Liquid Fabric Softeners can be petroleum based and contribute to clogging the septic system components – look for Septic Safe versions and use sparingly
- Avoid Dumping Unnecessary Antibacterial or Disinfecting Chemicals down the drain
- Have an Annual Septic System Inspection performed by a Licensed Septic System Expert to check for problems and determine when the septic tank needs to be pumped out and cleaned
Licensed Septic System Experts
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) is dedicated to helping Anoka, MN area homeowners to keep their Septic Tank Systems Healthy. We are Licensed Septic System Experts with 19 years in the business. You can do some simple modifications to your laundry routine that will help prevent harm to the Organic Sewage Treatment Process. Schedule an Annual Septic System Checkup to detect issues before they become big, expensive problems.
Call Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) Today for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769 or fill out our Online Form. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota.