MN State and County Septic System Standards
Loretto MN is a small community located on the west side of Hennepin County. It is also a great place to eat, play and raise a family. As with many of the smaller size communities, some Loretto residents have an Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS) or more commonly called a Septic System. This little sewer system is responsible for processing all sewage and water that is generated on the property. As a MPCA Licensed Septic Inspector, CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provides many Quality Septic Services to keep your ISTS working efficiently and up to Hennepin County standards.
Hennepin County ISTS Program
With Hennepin County being the most populated county in Minnesota, public health is a top priority. As a city located just 25 miles outside of Minneapolis, Loretto’s septic systems are under the regulations of Hennepin County Ordinance. The county has enacted an Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS) Program to protect the environment, ground water, surface water and of course public health. Possible water contaminants from noncompliant septic systems include parasites, bacteria and viruses.
Summary of Hennepin County Septic Ordinance
In order to enforce programs designed to Prevent Waterborne Illness due to contaminated water, the following subject areas are covered under current Hennepin County Septic System Ordinance:
- Septic System Disclosure is required when selling a property in Hennepin County.
- Septic Compliance Inspections by MPCA Licensed Septic Inspector for property transfer, building permits, septic systems located in shoreland areas and protected areas.
- Inspections for New Septic Systems, Repairs to existing ISTS and for systems having received a complaint.
- Septic compliance inspection’s Certificate of Compliance is good for 3 years in most cases.
- Upgrade requirement for septic systems labeled as Non-Compliant.
- 50 foot setback for sewage treatment systems in Wetland Areas.
MPCA Licensed Septic Inspector
Several Hennepin County MN cities are in the jurisdiction of the county for septic system permits and inspections. However, the city of Hanover and Loretto MN are outside of the county jurisdiction. Septic Compliance Inspections and Septic System Repair work in these communities can be provided by a MPCA Licensed Septic Inspector like Brad Krotzer of CSI Custom Septic, Inc.
Feel free to contact CSI if your Residential or Commercial, Individual Sewage Treatment System is showing signs of failure, the current Certificate of Compliance is about to expire or you plan to sell the property.
In Loretto and Hanover MN, contact CSI Custom Septic, Inc. for Quality Septic Services including Inspections and Repairs, at: (763) 218-4769