Act Quickly To Avoid Damage To Your Home
Most Becker, MN families with an Onsite Septic System just take it for granted that their sewage treatment system is working properly. They don’t give it a second thought even when Minnesota temperatures dive well below zero. There is however, a possibility that a Septic Freeze-up could threaten to cause problems and cost thousands of dollars to repair. If you suspect that you have a Frozen Septic System act quickly to avoid costly damages. Stop using water and contact a Licensed Septic Installer like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) to evaluate the situation and check for a freezup in the Septic Pipe, Septic Tank or Drainfield.
Frozen Sewage Treatment System
You take it for granted that every time you flush the toilet, take a shower, wash laundry or run the dishwasher that the wastewater will go into the septic system and be gone. But what if the latest polar plunge has frozen septic components needed to safely and effectively hold and treat sewage? A Septic System Freezup can affect the sewage pipe, septic tank, drainfield, septic pump or even cause a Sewage Backup in your Becker, MN area home.
Signs Of Septic System Freezup
- Bad Odors coming from drains in your home
- Slow Flushing Toilets
- Shower or Tub not draining properly
- Sewage Backup in your basement
- Water Running Constantly inside of a Septic Pump Tank
What To Do If Onsite Septic System Freezes
There are steps you should take if you suspect that your Onsite Septic System has Frozen Up.
- If your individual sewage treatment system is equiped with a Pump – Shut If Off to avoid damaging pumping system
- Turn Off or Stop Running Water of any kind down the drain
- Call Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) to inspect the system and determine where the septic system is frozen and how to repair the problem
- Fix Leaky Toilets, Faucets or Showers
- Have Septic Tank Pumped Out if the frozen section is in the drainfield, past the septic tank – you may have to pump frequently until the problem has been repaired
- Reduce Water Usage until the drainfield can be thawed and repaired – take short showers, flush only when needed, use a laundromat to wash clothes, run dishwasher only when completely full
What NOT To Do With Freezing Sewage System
Never try to fix a Frozen Septic System by doing one of the following:
- Never add salt or antifreeze into the system
- Never add septic system additives to unfreeze system
- Never build a fire on top of the septic system
- Never run continuous water in an attempt to thaw system
Licensed Septic System Installer
Contact Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) for professional help with your Onsite Septic System. We are Licensed Septic System Installers with 19 years doing business in the Big Lake and Becker, MN area. Our highly experienced technicians can diagnose problems with individual sewage treatment systems and handle many of the necessary repairs. Proper Maintenance is the best way to Prevent Septic System Freeze-ups. If you suspect a Frozen Septic System, don’t hesitate to call a Licensed Septic Professional.
Contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate at 763-218-4769. Serving the Twin Cities Metro area and Northern Minnesota since 1996.