MN Cabin Sewers Winterization
That crisp morning air, cloudy sky, howling winds and brightly colored leaves can only mean one thing. It is now Autumn in Minnesota. If you have your own Sewage Collection and Treatment System at a main residence or a Walker MN Cabin, now is the time to Winterize. Some people are predicting the kind of harsh Minnesota Winter that could result in Frozen Sewer Pipes or a blocked up Soil Treatment Area. As a MN Licensed Septic Contractor, Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is providing some timely Septic System Maintenance Tips to Prevent Freezing problems and keep systems operating at top performance.
Prepare Seasonal Cabin for Winter
If your family closes up the cabin for winter, Preventive Maintenance is needed to Prevent Frozen Plumbing Pipes and Sewage Lines. The cost effective ways to protect plumbing and Septic Systems from Freezing Up can pay off with better performance, fewer repairs and longer lifespan for the whole sewage operation.
- Winterize Water Pipes
- Never use additives, antifreeze or salts in pipes
- Repair Water Leaks
- Dripping water can collect inside of the pipes and freeze up when the temperatures drop
- Turn Off Water and Drain Hoses
- Completely remove all water from inlet hoses, dishwasher, washing machine and flexible sink hoses
- Protect Drains with RV Antifreeze
- Sink Traps, Floor Drains, Shower Drains and Bathtub Drain
- Flush antifreeze out in the spring before resuming use
- Septic System Inspection
- Call Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) to schedule an inspection of septic system components to evaluate the system’s readiness for winter
- Septic Tank Cleaning
- Your Licensed MN Septic Inspector from CSI can recommend whether or not the septic tank should be pumped out and cleaned before winter
- Local water tables and expected usage during the off season should both be considered along with sewage levels inside of the tank
Insulate Septic System to Prevent Freezing
Want a good reason to stop having to mow your entire yard? Allowing Grass to grow longer on top of the Soil Treatment Area, Septic Tank and Septic Mound provides natural insulation to Prevent Freezing. From mid September on, grass can be left without mowing. Hay, Straw, Leaves or Mulch are other Organic Insulating Materials that may provide a good amount of protection from freezing temps.
Minnesota Licensed Septic Contractor
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) is available year round for Septic Services including Inspections and Repairs. Regular Maintenance can keep a Sewage Collection & Treatment System operating when you need it the most. A Frozen Sewer System Emergency can often be prevented by following simple Fall Winterization Tips before the temps dip below zero.
In Walker MN, give Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) a call for a Free Estimate on Septic Services at 763-218-4769
CSI: Serving the Twin Cities and Northern Minnesota for over 20 Years!