On Site Sewage System Malfunction
Septic System Failure or Malfunction can be expensive and messy. Knowing what to look for in Warning Signs of a Failing Home Sewer could save you from the grief of finding that your Andover MN home has been contaminated with the harmful affects of Untreated Sewage. As a MN Septic System Professional, CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is here to assist with both the prevention and repair of On-site Sewage Treatment Systems in numerous Minnesota communities.
8 Warning Signs of Failing Home Sewer System
A Failing or Malfunctioning Septic System can be a serious threat to people, animals and the environment. Untreated wastewater could pollute the water that you drink or yard where your children or pets play. Keep an eye open for any of the following Warning Signs that indicate a possible Septic System Malfunction:
- Water or Sewage Backing Up into your home. Check areas around toilets, showers, sinks and drains.
- Slow Drains in shower, sink, bathtub or laundry
- Gurgling Sounds from plumbing fixtures or pipes
- Sewer Gas Smells coming from septic tank or drainfield area
- Ponding Water around septic tank or drainage field
- Green Spongy Grass over or around drainfield or septic tank
- Private Well Water tests high for bacteria, nitrates or chloroform
- Algae Blooms collecting on close by lake or pond water
4 Common Reasons for Failing Septic Systems
Don’t waste time or risk your safety if a Septic System Malfunction has resulted in any of the warning signs listed above. Here are some of the Common Reasons That Septic Systems Could Fail:
- Clogged Sewer Pipe leading from the home to the septic tank
- Blocked or Clogged Inlet Baffle to the septic tank
- Clogged Effluent Filter where liquid waste leaves the septic tank
- Drainfield Failure due to clogging, oversaturation, clogged biomat or other reason
Licensed MN Septic System Professional
There are several different ways in which a home’s sewer system can fail. Keeping up with ongoing Maintenance and getting an Annual Inspection are two good ways to Prevent Septic System Failure. Call a Licensed MN Septic System Professional at CSI Custom Septic, Inc. if you have reason to believe that your septic has begun to fail. We provide Septic Inspections, Septic System Repairs and Drainfield Replacement when needed.
In the Andover MN area, call CSI Custom Septic Inc. @ 763-218-4769 to schedule a Septic Inspection or Repair. CSI provides honest, cost effective solutions that can help to keep your healthy and safe.