Protect Your Family Your Property Value and Environment
The reasons for Proper Septic System Maintenance are financial, environmental and health conscious. Homes with an onsite sewage treatment system are very common in the Coon Rapids, MN area and around the country. We all must do our part to protect our prescious water source and the environment. As an added bonus, Smart Septic System Care will also help to protect the investment in your home.
Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) wants to provide you with tips to understand how to help keep your Individual Septic System Healthy and Problem Free for many years. The following are tips that you can use to protect your Family, Property Values and the Environment. Part 2 will list Septic System Don’ts.
Smart Septic System Care and Maintenance
Practicing Smart Septic System Care does not have to be expensive. In fact, the following tips can Save You Thousands of Dollars on septic system repairs or replacement. A little effort can go a long way to protect the environment, the health of your family and the value of your Coon Rapids property.
Septic System Maintenance Do’s & Don’ts Part One
List of Septic System Do’s:
- Have an Annual Septic System Check-Up by a qualified Septic Technician
- Have your septic tank pumped out and cleaned regularly as advised during an annual septic inspection
- Repair leaky toilets, faucets and showers
- Spread out laundry loads throughout the week
- Attach a lint filter to the washing machine outlet hose
- Plant grass on top of the septic tank and drainfield
- Direct wastewater from toilets, sinks, showers, laundry, dishwasher, etc. into the underground septic tank
- Direct water from gutters, water softeners, sump pumps and drainage systems away from the drainfield in your yard
- Use only the recommended amount of household cleaning chemicals to avoid disrupting the biological treatment process in the septic system
- Avoid using antibacterial soaps
- Install low-flow water fixtures to reduce the amount of wastewater
- Be careful to only flush organic human waste and toilet paper
- Dispose of the following items in the trash: feminine hygiene products, diapers, baby wipes, dental floss, coffee grounds, unused medications, paper towels, condoms, cooking grease and other items
- Contact a Licensed Septic System Contractor like Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) if you suspect a problem with your sewage treatment system
Licensed Minnesota Septic System Contractor
Custom Septic Inc. (CSI) has over 19 years of experience as a Minnesota Licensed Septic System Contractor. We are dedicated to helping Coon Rapids, MN area homeowners to keep their Individual Septic System Healthy and Problem Free for many years. It is crucial that we all do our part to Protect Human Health and the Environment. By choosing to practice smart septic system care and maintenance you will also help to protect your property value.
Check back for Part Two for a list of Septic System Don’ts!