4,200 Individual Sewage Treatment Systems
Ramsey, MN is a lovely city and a great place to live, work and raise a family. More than 4,000 properties in the city have an Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS), otherwise known as a Private Septic System. If you plan on buying a home that has its own septic system, don’t be afraid. Licensed Septic Contractors like CSI Custom Septic, Inc. can assist with many services that will make septic owning cost effective and easy. The city has a set of Septic System Rules that you need to understand in order to avoid problems and remain in Compliance with Septic Ordinances.
Smart Questions for Septic System Buyers
Septic Systems provide a safe and effective way to collect, treat and disperse wastewater on an individual property. If you are contemplating purchasing a home or business that uses an ISTS you will want to have some information in order to make your decision. Here are 10 Smart Questions to Ask:
- Exact Age of the Septic System?
- Type of Septic System?
- Location of Septic Tank and Drainfield?
- Pumping Schedule?
- Date of last informal Septic Evaluation?
- Findings of last Septic Compliance Inspection?
- Access to Septic Maintenance Records?
- Name of Septic Maintainer?
- Name of Licensed Septic Contractor for Repairs and Inspections?
- Known Septic System Performance Issues?
Individual Sewage System Rules
Each city, town or township is able to set up their own rules that govern Individual Sewage Treatment Systems in their jurisdiction. Ramsey, MN has septic system rules that are low cost and easy to follow.
- All grey water, wastewater and sewage must be properly treated before dispersing into the groundwater.
- Septic system components must be located a safe distance away from wells, surface waters and structures.
- Regular maintenance is recommended for the health and longevity of the individual sewage disposal system. Septic Care & Maintenance Tips can be found on the Custom Septic website.
- Septic Systems are to be pumped out at least once every three years.
- Have your Septic Maintenance Company provide you with a visual inspection to see when contents should be removed.
- Septic Compliance Inspections should be conducted when property title is being transferred, when a malfunction is suspected or when requesting a building permit for adding on another bedroom.
Licensed Septic System Contractor
CSI Custom Septic, Inc. is a great choice for Septic Compliance Inspections along with many other important services for septic system ownership. There is no reason to be afraid to buy a house that has a properly functioning septic system installed when you have professionals like CSI working for you. As a Licensed Septic Contractor, we understand how each type of Independent Sewage Treatment Systems function and what you need to do to keep them operating at optimal efficiency at a low cost. Check out our Septic Care & Maintenance Tips.
In Ramsey, Minnesota, contact CSI Custom Septic, Inc. to schedule a Septic Compliance Inspection at: 763-218-4769