Eliminate Harmful Chemicals and Bacteria
The short Minnesota Summer Season is moving along quickly. Soon, schools are back in session, vibrant flowers will fade and leaves will to turn beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange. But, no matter how busy you are with activities, vacations and barbecues its important to remember about the Care and Maintenance of the Onsite Sewage Treatment plant buried in the backyard of your Buffalo MN home or Northern Minnesota cabin. There are things that you can do today to Increase Long-Term Efficiency of your Septic System, including limiting Harmful Chemicals & Bacteria. As a trusted On-Site Sewage Treatment System Professional, Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) would like to pass on some Summer Care Tips to improve the health and operation of Septic Systems in MN.
Long-Term Septic System Efficiency
Septic Systems require a healthy amount of Organic Bacteria in order to do their jobs effectively. Just remember that anything that goes down the drain or is flushed down the toilet will eventually end up in the Onsite Sewage Treatment System. Making simple changes can result in Cost Effective and Long-term Septic System Efficiency.
One easy way to make sure that your septic system is operating at a efficient and cost effective manner is to Limit the amount of Chemicals that enter into the septic tank. Do this by using only the recommended amount of household cleaning products or better yet, by choosing Natural Cleaning Products.
Onsite Sewage Treatment Care & Maintenance
- Repair or replace leaky fixtures
- Control water usage by spreading out loads of laundry, take shorter showers and by installing efficient showerheads, faucets and toilets
- Reroute water softeners and sump pumps away from the septic system
- Install a lint filter on washing machine discharge hose
- Inspect, clean and replace effluent filters as needed
- Schedule regular inspections and septic system checkups with CSI
- Clean and pump septic tank about every 1 to 3 years
- Avoid commercial septic tank additives
- Minimize use of garbage disposals
- Eliminate or reduce the use of harsh chemicals, anti-bacterial soaps, detergents, bleach and disinfectants
- Plant grass or other low maintenance vegetation over septic tank and drain field (avoid excessive watering)
- Keep trees and shrubs a safe distance away to prevent root intrusion
- Do Not use toilet as a garbage can – Flush only organic human waste materials, bathroom toilet tissue
MN Onsite Sewage Treatment Professionals
As MN Onsite Sewage Treatment Professionals, CSI, Custom Septic Inc. understands the need for Safe and Effective Sewage Treatment as a way to protect our residents and our valuable natural resources. Onsite Septic System Care & Maintenance are major factors in producing Long-Term Efficiency in wastewater treatment and recycling. CSI provides Cost Effective Inspections and Repairs to keep everything operating properly, for as long as possible.
In Buffalo MN, contact Custom Septic, Inc. (CSI) for a Free Estimate on Septic System Services at 763-218-4769. Serving the 7 county metro and Northern Minnesota!