Low Interest Onsite Sewer Replacement Loan
As a city located in Anoka County, Coon Rapids MN residents may be eligible for a Low Interest Loan to Repair a Septic System or Well. Some financial assistance was available to landowners to Improve Water Quality in 2017. If your Onsite Sewer System is showing signs of a malfunction, you could find an affordable solution through the MN Dept of Agriculture. CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provides Licensed Septic Compliance Inspections to determine whether the existing septic system is in need of Repair or Replacement.
Licensed Septic Compliance Inspection
What is a Septic Compliance Inspection? This is where a qualified and licensed professional visually inspects an On Site Sewage Treatment System for compliance issues. An inspector will check for elements that do not conform to current Anoka County MN Septic System Ordinances for each specific location.
Upon completion of the compliance inspection you will receive either a Certificate of Compliance or a Notice of Noncompliance. The certification will tell you what steps if any need to be done to comply with health and safety regulations. If your existing septic system needs significant upgrades or repairs in order to Fix Water Quality Issues, a Low Interest Septic Repair or Replacement Loan may be your best option.
Low Interest AgBMP Septic Repair Program
One place to look for a Low Interest Septic System Repair Loan is the MN Department of Agriculture. This state agency oversees a water quality program through the Agricultural Best Management Practices (AgBMP). The funding comes from both state and federal sources. MN landowners can use the money to pay for eligible upgrades to a Private Well or Onsite Sewer System.
Loan program information can be found on the Anoka County website by searching Septic Repair Loan. Below is a brief overvue of the AgBMP Loan Program for Anoka County MN property owners:
- Landowners must be current on their mortgage payments and property taxes.
- You must own the property where qualifying repairs or upgrades need to be done.
- Loans can last up to 10 years
- Loan amount can be up to $100,000 per project
- Interest rate is 3% plus a 1% origination fee
- Loan application fee is $200
- Project must be completed by a MN Licensed Septic Contractor
- Payment is made through a special assessment on your Anoka County property tax
- Project must fix an existing or potential groundwater pollution problem
- Ongoing or completed projects to not qualify for this loan program
- Eligible Septic System Projects may include:
- Cluster systems
- Connecting to a city sewer system
- Existing septic system repairs or system replacement
- Mound systems
MN Licensed Septic Inspection & Repair
The health and viability of your septic system can be a public health issue if problems arise. The cost to Coon Rapids MN landowners can be substantial if a Septic System Failure results in Groundwater or Well Water Pollution. A Professional Onsite Sewer Inspection is a good way to determine if a health hazard exists. CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provides Licensed Septic Compliance Inspections for Anoka County property owners. We are also licensed for Septic Repairs, Upgrades and Replacements.