Healthy Drain Field Soil Absorption Area
The last blog post from CSI Custom Septic, Inc. provided information on what a Septic Drainfield is and how it works. This article will provide Tips For Keeping the Soil Drain-Field Healthy and Functional. The health of the soil absorption area of your septic system is an investment. When it becomes Clogged or has an overgrowth of Biomat the cost to Repair or Replace the drainfield can be more than Ramsey, Dayton or Otsego, MN septic owners want to face. Taking steps to protect and preserve the efficient operation of every part of the septic system from the Septic Tank, Sewage Pipes and Drainfield is important if you want to protect your drinking water source and property value.
10 Tips and Tricks for Healthy MN Septic Systems
Since the Soil Drainfield is a critical component of numerous Minnesota sewage treatment systems, keeping it fully functional is a high priority for Licensed Septic Services Providers like CSI Custom Septic, Inc. The following Septic System Tips & Tricks can help to keep your septic system healthy for as long as possible.
- Find an experienced and licensed septic contractor to provide services like affordable inspections, repairs and upgrades.
- Have the septic tank pumped out when the level of solids inside of the tank reach the recommended level.
- Keep records of all septic system services including inspections, repairs, pumping out, filter cleaning and other maintenance procedures.
- Your septic system records should include phone numbers for installer, inspectors and pumpers.
- Include a diagram of where all septic system components are located on the property.
- Install a septic tank manhole cover and riser for easy access for septic professionals.
- Plant trees and deep rooted vegetation a safe distance away from the septic tank and soil treatment area.
- Leave areas over the drainfield undisturbed with the exception of mowing grass that should be grown over the top of septic system. No driving, parking, building or planting in these areas.
- Do not overload the septic system with large amounts of water. Try to spread out loads of laundry and showers.
- Downspouts and sump pumps should be directed away from the septic tank and drain field.
- Install low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Repair leaky plumbing and water fixtures.
- Do not flush things down the toilet that are non-biodegradable. This includes “flushable wipes”, kitty litter, cigarettes, tampons, etc.
- Don’t clog up the septic tank with food scraps from a garbage disposal or slow down the organic treatment process by using large amounts of antibacterial soaps, chemicals and cleaning products.
- Call CSI Custom Septic, Inc. if you notice signs of a drainfield malfunction. Slimy, black or green algae growth can point to biomat clogging in the soil drain field. Overflowing, gurgling or slow drains can also be a sign that your septic system needs professional help.
Experienced and Affordable Septic Services
Dealing with a septic system incorrectly can be unsafe and cause further damage. CSI Custom Septic Inc. has more than 20 years of experience. We provide Affordable Septic Services including Installing New or Replacement Drainfields and Septic Compliance Inspections. Let’s work together to Keep Drain Fields Healthy and Working at Maximum Efficiency.
In Ramsey, Otsego and Dayton MN, contact the Licensed Septic Professionals at CSI Custom Septic Inc. at: (763) 218-4769